If you have got this far, chances are you already know what learning NLP can do for you, just in case- here is the information you need..
Why Neuro Linguistic Programming?
- Have you ever noticed how some people are more confident than others, even though their capabilities might be very similar?
- Do you feel better able to cope at some times than at others? Have you wondered why some people thrive no matter what life throws at them, and others struggle?
- Have you ever questioned why you get on well with some people and not with others?
- Have you ever been curious about why some people are frightened about things that donXXt bother others – maybe flying, or insects, or some other “phobia”?
- Have you ever wanted to know how some people achieve what they set out to do, and others donXXt? Have you ever set out to make changes in your life but not quite achieved what you wanted?
The difference in each of these examples is not only what happens externally to the person concerned. The real difference is the way the person interprets what is happening to them – or what has happened to them in the past. The real difference is the way they internally translate and construct their own experience of the external world.
What is NLP?
NLP is a profoundly effective “How to” technology for personal change and development, and interpersonal effectiveness. NLP is based on the study of the most influential components involved in shaping our experiences: –
Neuro – the unique way we translate the information we receive through our senses about the external world and what is happening around us, and how this translation affects the way we think, our physiology, how we feel and how we behave.
Linguistic – how we express our experience to ourselves and to others through the language we use and how the language we use affects our experience, behaviour and feelings.
Programming – how habitual, often unconscious, patterns of thoughts and feelings developed through the course of our lives affect our current behaviour – and how these patterns can be changed.
How NLP works- ‘The Map is Not the Territory’
Each of us creates unique internal “maps” of our external experience.
NLP studies the way we construct our internal maps and the way we use language to communicate our maps to ourselves and others.
By exploring how people who are excellent in their field construct and communicate their internal maps – studying the difference that makes the difference – NLP has developed powerful and practical approaches to personal development, change and communication that significantly enhance our ability to be the best we can be, more of the time.
The processes and techniques of NLP enable people to learn the underlying patterns of thinking and communicating used by outstanding people and to develop the skills that enhance effectiveness of communication, facilitate personal change, accelerate learning and enhance performance.
NLP can help people become more confident, better able to cope with situations, more elegant at developing relationships and influencing others. NLP helps overcome fears and phobias and can help people perform at their best more of the time, in more situations.
NLP will help you to assist others (and yourself) to:
- Create compelling futures, and develop personal pathways by setting appropriate, achievable and motivating goals.
- Enrich relationships with other people
- Perform at their best more of the time.
- Eliminate limiting beliefs and habits and develop empowering ones.
- Develop deeper rapport, be more persuasive, and have greater positive influence
- Quickly and painlessly liberate people from the power of past negative experience.
- Enhance self-appreciation and esteem, and feel more resourceful even in the most challenging situations.
How you can use NLP
NLP has applications in virtually any area of life. In addition to personal development and life enhancement, NLP is used: –
- As a rapid and pain free therapeutic approach
- In business and management
- In health and healing, to explore the mind – body connection in conditions like allergies, I.B.S.,
- In performance coaching for sports, including golf, tennis, diving, riding
The possible applications of NLP have barely been touched. If it involves people, performance, or communication, NLP has the potential to make a significant contribution.